Information Request on the Messier Objects
Following is a list of the most urgently required (or wanted) information
on the Messier objects. Although we have usually invested considerable effort
of research, we could not find very well confirmed (or no unique) data and
informations in these cases. If you have any of the requested information, or
some pointer or comment, please notify me.
- Good (or at least considerably good) individual distances for the
Many other galaxy distances are also far from being safe or acurate;
any corrections or pointers to modern references are certainly appreciated.
- M64 (current value: 19 Mly).
- M74 (current value: 35 Mly)
- M77 (current value: 60 Mly)
- M83 (current value: 15 Mly)
- M94 (current value: 14.5 Mly)
- M104 (current value: 50 Mly)
- M106 (current value: 25 Mly)
- M108 (current value: 45 Mly)
- M109 (current value: 55 Mly)
- Data which help to clear the nature of the system or asterism of four stars,
- More and more acurate data on the double star M40
- Our history section, as well as the "similar catalog" section, would
benefit if someone could provide me with the following
historic deepsky catalog (see our
"History of Deepsky Discovery"
- Johann Gottfried Koehler's catalog of 20 objects
- A spectrum of M77 showing the Seyfert
- HRDs or FHDs of some more Messier open and globular clusters, in
Last Modification: 12 Apr 2000, 23:20 MET